Dominic studied 3D Animation at The Animation School in Cape Town. He joined the Chase family in January 2015 as an Account Manager. Before he came to Chase he worked as an Infrastructure Technical Support Analyst providing onsite and remote support, project management, and handling new site installs. When we quizzed him, these were his responses:
What do you do on a day-to-day basis at Chase? I upsell the functionality of our software to agencies, making sure they are aware of best practices in terms of running their business through Chase. I provide basic support and escalate issues as necessary and assist with user training when needed.
How are you finding Chase so far? It’s been an awesome start to the New Year. Chase is great so far and I’m looking forward to my future time here with the company.
What are your hobbies? I spend most of my free time keeping fit, playing drums and guitar, and I consider myself to be an enthusiast gamer.
What motivates you? Seeing growth in myself and the people around me.
What’s your motto in life? I have a few, but I think one that‘s resonating with my life right now is “Pay it forward”.
What are you most proud of? I’m actually most proud of all my close friends’ and family’s achievements and successes, being part of their journey and a positive influence to them.
Top 3 highlights of your life?
- Traveling to Singapore for holiday. It really created an appreciation for traveling and experiencing different cultures and cuisines.
- Buying my first drum kit with money I had been saving forever. I’ll never forget the knot in my stomach and thinking “what have I just done?”, and then the relief I felt that came after setting it up and playing that first beat.
- My first break-up from a long term relationship. This is a weird one for sure, but it was the moment I had an internal realisation of who I am, what I can survive and what’s truly important. Through that pain I found clarity and a new outlook on life.
What is your favourite memory? I think one that’s stood out the most is when a friend of mine passed away towards the end of last year. Suffice it to say it was a tragic loss, but I’ll never forget the truly amazing atmosphere at his wake. I’ve never seen so many friends and family come together under one roof in celebration of such an amazing person with whom we all had the chance to acquaint ourselves.
What’s that one thing you would like to do before you die? I’d like to be in a position to help all those who have put out their hand to bring me up when I was down.
What’s your favourite song, movie and comedian?
- Song at the moment is “Deathbeds” by Bring Me The Horizon.
- Favourite movie is a tough one. I would have to say it’s a tie between “The Crow”, “Fight Club” and “Donnie Darko”.
- Comedian would also be a difficult decision. My top three would be Bill Hicks, George Carlin and Billy Connolly.